ART SUBMISSION INFORMATION
We accept artwork on CD, DVD, Email (depends on file size). Electronic artwork under 5 mb can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Electronic artwork over 5 mb can be sent to https://jumpshare.com/i/chestart. Please advise by e-mail to: email@example.com and reference file name, P.O. number and order information. If revised art is submitted, additional charges may apply.
PRINT READY ARTWORK SPECIFICATIONS
Print ready art is artwork that is ready for production. We will typeset up to 3 lines of copy for free, all other changes/additions may be subject to an extra charge. If typesetting is required, a font must be specified or it will be left to the discretion of the artist.
- Die patterns are available at www.chestinc.com
- Search item number required and die pattern is saved by item and pricing
- For best results send native vector eps files
- Artwork must be vector-based for screen printing
- Send all linked files, including tiff and eps files for artwork placed in the document, including files that are embedded in the file
- Convert all fonts to outlines or paths, or include fonts with artwork
- Tints must be built into the art file
- Traps must be included in artwork and must be trapped 1/32” or 1 Point
- Pixel based artwork needs to be high resolution artwork, at least 300 dpi
- All colors must be converted to CMYK
- Avoid thin lines, minimum line thickness: .5 pt
- All copy must remain 3/32” from all cut lines
- Artwork must include a .125” bleed for digital printing, .25” bleed for silk screening or offset printing
If art requirements are not met, art time will be billed at $50.00 per hour.
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Acrobat
Microsoft documents are not acceptable.
Supported File Types
- Vector (Preferred for best results)
- Tiff (minimum 300 dpi resolution) (line art minimum 1200 dpi resolution)
- EPS (minimum 300 dpi resolution)
- PDF (press quality only)
- ZIP Compressed File
- Stuffit Compressed File
- JPEG (minimum 300 dpi resolution)
- Submitted artwork must be vector EPS files
- 1/32” or 1 pt trapping must be included in the file
- Words can not contain halftones
- Reversed out white copy cannot cross over two colors due to tolerance in printing
- Halftones must be between 30% and 70%
- Minimum line thickness: .5pt - Minimum type size: 6 pt, avoid serif fonts
Please call factory regarding copy change charges; this varies depending on product group and imprint method.
$45 (G) per color on silkscreened items:
- Postcards: 65 dot line, 20-70% screen tint
- Boxes: 45 dot line, 35-70 screen tint; due to the nature of corrugated material, may not allow for consistent halftone
- Poly stencils or calendars: 65 dot line, 20-70% screen tint
Allow for 3/8” overlap on left side of can label:
- Horizontal lines running from edge to edge are not recommended
- Labels are clear coated for protection
$30 (G) per color for silkscreening only. Stock ink colors listed below are no extra charge. Due to variants in inks and substrates, some matches are not possible. Metallic ink colors available, call factory for more information.
Products shown in this catalog do not imply an endorsement by holders of trademarks or design. These are simply examples of orders we have done. Prices in this catalog are effective at time of publication. Current product pricing is available on our website and industry specific search tools that provide supplier certified pricing. These prices will prevail.