Flute: Refers to the thickness and number of ripples inside the corrugated material.
Both corrugated options are made of 60-70% recycled material. Both options can be mailed/shipped. Other material variations are available on custom packaging and is best to call a Customer Service Representative.
Chipboard is light weight and used mostly for point of purchase, collection boxes and items that conform to the package. Chipboard is stocked white on both sides.
Box Style/Box Options
Refers to the way in which the box closes.
How to Choose a Box Size
Dimensions are given as Length x Width x Height
Dimensions are internal to help choose the perfect size
Refer to the box dimension page for stock box sizes. Click here: https://www.chestinc.com/p/box-index
Inside Tuck Box
- Lid Tucks Into Front of Box
- No Side Flaps
- Not recommended with insert trays
Outside Tuck Box
- Our most popular box type
- Mailable & shippable
Fold Above Box
- A 2 piece look with a hinged back
2 Piece Box
- Box has a bottom & a lid
Protection & Presentation
Stock Shred Color
• Shreds - Inexpensive way to pack your inserts. Shred adds
protection and looks without the cost of a custom tray.
Shred is available in brown kraft, black, red and white.
• Corrugated Insert Tray - Corrugated insert trays are
made of e-flute corrugate. Each tray can be customized to
fit your box and inserts Offers protection & a great appearance when opening the box. A more economical choice than the foam tray.
• Foam Tray - The ultimate in product protection and presentation.Recommended for any breakable items that will ship individually. Charcoal foam insert trays offer a polished look and unsurpassed protection for your inserted products. Custom cut to fit your box and inserts.
Decoration & Branding
Imprint Types & Locations
• Lid Only Screenprint Imprint: As the name states, imprint can only be on the lid of the box. Which makes this type of imprint a more economical Choice. Note: Art must stay 1/4" away from edges of lid
• Spot Mount: Spot mounting is a great alternative when you do not have the budget for full wrap four color
offset printing. A digitally printed four color process spot mount label is merged to any flat surface of the
box.To achieve more color, the box may be screened full coverage prior to the application of the spot mount
label. While offset printing is a variable option at 1,000 quantity, spot mounting may be accomplished with as
few as 100 pieces.
• Full Coverage 4CP/Offset: Printing requires a minimum of 1,000 pieces.
• Reverse Imprint:
• Shrinkwrapping: An economical way to protect your box in transit, either through the Postal Service, Federal Express or UPS when being sent out individually. Assembly of boxes and insertion of customer's products would need to take place at The Chest when shrink wrapping is provided.
• Have your inserts shipped directly to The Chest where we can assemble the box & insert submitted products.
• Let the experience staff and factory at The Chest handle the fulfillment of your packages. Provide your
inserts and individual or drop ship list. Let the experts on mailing/individually shipping/drop shipments and
international destinations handle your fulfillment. This does allow the packaging to occur immediately after
boxes are die cut and have your project on its way in an expedient fashion.